State Bank of India
State Bank of India
Central Recruitment & Promotion Department
Corporate Centre, Mumbai
Phone: 022-22820427, email:email@example.com
RECRUITMENT OF PROBATIONARY OFFICERS
ADVERTISEMENT NO: CRPD/ PO/ 2021-22/18
ONLINE REGISTRATION OF APPLICATION & PAYMENT OF FEES: FROM 05.10.2021 TO 25.10.2021
Applications are invited from eligible Indian Citizens for appointment as Probationary Officers (POs) in State Bank of India. The selected candidates may be posted anywhere in India
Candidates who are shortlisted after Phase-I will have to appear for Phase-II. Candidates who are shortlisted after the Phase-II will be subsequently called for Phase-III.
Candidates are advised to regularly visit Bank’s website https://bank.sbi/careers
https://www.sbi.co.in/careers for details and updates.
|On-line registration including Editing/ Modification of Application by candidates||05.10.2021 to 25.10.2021|
|Payment of Application||Fee 05.10.2021 to 25.10.2021|
|Download of Preliminary Examination Call Letters||1/2nd week November 2021 onwards|
|Phase-I: Online Preliminary Examination||November/ December 2021|
|Declaration of Result of Preliminary Examination||December 2021|
|Download of Main Examination Call letter||2nd /3rd week December 2021 onwards|
|Phase-II: Online Main Examination||December 2021|
|Declaration of Result of Main Examination||January 2022|
|Download of Phase-III Call Letter 1||st/2nd week of February 2022 onwards|
|Phase-III: Interview (Or Interview & Group Exercises)|
|2 nd/ 3rd week of February 2022|
|Declaration of Final Result||February / March 2022|
|Pre-Examination Training for SC/ ST/ Religious Minority Community candidates|
|Download of call letters for Pre-Examination Training||1st week of November 2021 onwards|
|Conduct of Pre- Examination Training||2nd week of November 2021|
“EWS vacancies are tentative and subject to further directives of Government of India and outcome of any litigation. The appointment is provisional and is subject to the Income & Asset certificate being verified through the proper channels.” Benefit of reservation under EWS category can be availed upon production of an “Income & Asset Certificate” issued based on gross annual income for the Financial Year 2020-21 as per DoPT guidelines. The EWS candidates are required to produce for verification the ‘Income & Asset Certificate’ issued based on gross annual income for the Financial Year 2020-21 as per extant DoPT guidelines, on the date of document verification at the time of interview. Hence the ‘Income & Asset Certificate’ issued based on gross annual income for the financial year 2020-21 must be obtained by the candidate on or before the date of document verification at the time of interview. No request for extension of time for production of ‘Income & Asset Certificate’ beyond the said date shall be entertained and if a candidate fails to produce the ‘Income & Asset Certificate’ on the date of document verification at the time of interview, he/ she will not be considered for appointment in the Bank for the post of Probationary Officer
- Vacancies reserved for OBC category are available only to the ‘Non-creamy layer’ OBC candidates. ‘Creamy layer’ OBC candidates should indicate their category as ‘General’. OBC category candidates should submit the OBC certificate on format prescribed by Govt. of India containing the ‘Non-creamy layer’ clause, issued during the period 01.04.2021 to the date of interview, should be submitted by such candidates, if called for interview. # Vacancies for Person with Benchmark Disability (PWD) category candidates are reserved horizontally. @ PWD categories under clauses ‘d’ & ‘e’ of Section 34 (i) of RPWD Act 2016 suitable for the post are: (i) “Specific Learning Disability” (SLD); (ii) “Mental Illness” (MI); (iii) Autism Spectrum Disorder (Mild)- ASD (M) (iv) “Multiple Disabilities” (multiple disabilities amongst LD, VI, HI, SLD, MI & ASD-M);
- Reservation for Economically Weaker Section (EWS) in recruitment is governed by Office Memorandum no. 36039/1/2019-Estt (Res) dated 31.01.2019 of Department of Personnel & Training, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievance & Pensions, Government of India.
1. ELIGIBLITY CRITERIA
Graduation in any discipline from a recognised University or any equivalent qualification recognised as such by the Central Government. Those who are in the Final Year/ Semester of their Graduation may also apply provisionally subject to the condition that, if called for interview, they will have to produce proof of having passed the graduation examination on or before 31.12.2021. Candidates having Integrated Dual Degree (IDD) certificate should ensure that the date of passing the IDD is on or before 31.12.2021. Candidates possessing qualification of Chartered Accountant or Cost Accountant may also apply.
- The date of passing eligibility examination will be the date appearing on the mark sheet or provisional certificate issued by the University/ Institute. In case the result of a particular examination is posted on the website of the University/ Institute, a certificateissued by the appropriate authority of the University/ Institute indicating the date on which the result was posted on the website will be taken as the date of passing.
- Candidate should indicate the percentage obtained in Graduation calculated to the nearest two decimals in the online application. Where CGPA/ OGPA is awarded, the same should be converted into percentage and indicated in the online application. If called for interview, the candidate will have to produce a certificate issued by the appropriate authority inter alia stating the norms of the University regarding conversion of grade into percentage and the percentage of marks scored by the candidate in terms of these norms.
- Calculation of Percentage: The percentage marks shall be arrived at by dividing the total marks obtained by the candidate in all the subjects in all the semester(s)/ year(s) by aggregate maximum marks in all the subjects irrespective of Honours/ optional/ additional optional subject, if any. This will be applicable for those Universities also where Class/ Grade is decided on basis of Honours marks only. The fraction of percentage so arrived will be ignored i.e. 59.99% will be treated as less than 60% and 54.99% will be treated as less than 55%.
|1||Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe||5 Years|
|2||Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 Years|
|3||Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PWD)||15 Years|
|4||Ex Servicemen, Commissioned officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have rendered 5 years military service and have been released on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within 6 months from the last date of receipt of application) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or physical disability attributable to military service or invalidment||5 Years|
Not below 21 years and not above 30 years as on 01.04.2021 i.e. candidates must have been born not later than 01.04.2000 and not earlier than 02.04.1991 (both days inclusive). Relaxation in Upper age limit shall be as below:
NOTE: CUMULATIVE AGE RELAXATION WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE EITHER UNDER
THE ABOVE ITEMS OR IN COMBINATION WITH ANY OTHER ITEMS.
Candidates seeking age relaxation are required to submit copies of necessary
certificates(s) at the time of interview/ joining, if qualified. No change in the category
of any candidate is permitted after registration of online application. No
correspondence/email/phone will be entertained in this regard.
2. RESERVATION FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITY (PWD):
- OA – One arm affected (Right or Left)
- OL – One leg affected (Right or Left)
- OAL – One arm & One Leg affected
- BL – Both legs affected but not arms Persons with OA and OAL category should have normal bilateral hand functions.
- “Leprosy cured person” means a person is cured of leprosy but suffers from:
Loss of sensation in hands or feet as well as loss of sensation and paresis in the eye and eyelid but with no manifest deformity;
Manifest deformity and paresis but having enough mobility in their hands and feet to enable them to engage in normal economic activity;
extreme physical deformity as well as advanced age which prevents him/ her from undertaking any gainful occupation, and the expression “leprosy cured” shall be construed accordingly;
- “Cerebral palsy” means a Group of non-progressive neurological conditions affecting body movements and muscle coordination, caused by damage to one or more specific areas of the brain, usually occurring before, during or shortly after birth;
- “Dwarfism” means a medical or genetic condition resulting in an adult height of 4 feet 10 inches (147 centimetres) or less;
- “Muscular dystrophy” means a group of hereditary genetic muscle disease that weakens the muscles that move the human body and persons with multiple dystrophy have incorrect and missing information in their genes, which prevents them from making the proteins they need for healthy muscles. It is characterised by progressive skeletal muscle weakness, defects in muscle proteins, and the death of muscle cells and tissue;
Only those persons with benchmark disabilities would be eligible for reservation. “Benchmark disability” means a person with not less than 40% of a specified disability where specified disability has not been defined in measurable terms and includes the persons with disability, where disability has been defined in a measurable term, as certified by the certifying authority. A person who wants to avail benefit of reservation will have to submit a disability certificate issued by a Competent Authority as per Government of India guidelines. Such certificate will be subject to verification/ re-verification as may be decided by the competent authority. The certificate should be dated on or before last date of registration of application.
The facility of scribe would be allowed to a person who has disability of 40% or more if so desired by the person and is meant for only those persons with disability who have physical limitation to write including that of speed. In all such cases where a scribe is used, the following rules will apply:
- Candidates who are eligible and wish to use the services of scribe in the examination should carefully indicate the same in the online application form.
- Both the candidate and the scribe will have to give a suitable undertaking, on the prescribed format at the time of online examination
- Such candidates who are eligible to use a scribe shall be eligible for compensatory time of 20 minutes for every hour of the examination whether availing the facility of scribe or not.
- Candidate will have to arrange his/ her own scribe at his/ her own cost.
- Any candidate who is not eligible to use scribe as per guidelines, as referred above, uses scribe in the online examination shall be disqualified to participate further in the process of recruitment.
- Any candidate who is using scribe should ensure that he/ she is eligible to use scribe in the examination as per the guidelines.
- If it is found that scribe is solving the papers himself, the candidature of the candidate is liable to be cancelled.
- Any candidate using scribe in violation of the above guidelines shall stand disqualified and can be removed from the service without notice, if already joined Bank.
- The scribe will be allowed to be used as per the guidelines issued vide Office Memorandum F.No.16-110/2003-DDIII dated February 26, 2013 of Government of India, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Department of Disability Affairs, New Delhi and clarification issued by Government of India, Ministry of Financial, Department of Financial Services vide letter No. F.No.3/2/2013-Welfare dated 26.04.2013.,
Category wise merit list will be drawn on the basis of the aggregate marks scored in the Preliminary Examination. There will be no sectional cut-off. Candidates numbering 10 times (approx.) the numbers of vacancies in each category will be short listed for Main Examination from the top of above merit list.
Main Examination will be conducted online and will consist of Objective Tests for 200 marks and Descriptive Test for 50 marks. The Descriptive Test will be administered immediately after conclusion of the Objective Test and candidates will have to type their Descriptive Test answers on the computer.
i. The examinations will be conducted online at venues across many centres in India. A
tentative list of centres for Online Examination is attached as Annexure I.
ii. No request for change of Examination Centre shall be entertained.
iii. SBI reserves the right to cancel any of the Examination Centres and/ or add some
other Centres, at its discretion, depending upon the response, administrative
iv. SBI also reserves the right to allot any centre to the candidate other than the one
he/ she had opted for.
v. Candidate will appear for the examination at an Examination Centre at his/ her/ their
own risk and expenses and SBI will not be responsible for any injury or losses etc.
of any nature.
vi. Any unruly behaviour/ misbehaviour in the examination hall may result in
cancellation of candidature/ disqualification from future exams conducted by SBI.
vii. The centres for the Main Examination will be limited.
viii. Call letter for Preliminary Exam: Call letter of Preliminary Exam will not be
collected at the examination venue. However, it will be duly Checked/
Authenticated/ Stamped by the exam centre staff. Candidate will need to
retain the call letter (along with authenticated/ stamped copy of ID proof)
safely. Those candidates who are called for Main Exam will be required to
bring duly authenticated “Original Preliminary Exam Call Letter (with
Authenticated Copy of ID Proof)” as well as “Main Exam Call Letter” and
“Other Requisite Documents” as per information provided in the “Acquaint
Yourself Booklet” and “Call Letter”.
However, scribe form (wherever applicable) will be collected during the
Candidates need to bring two additional photographs (same as pasted by the
candidate on call letter) along with the call letter and other requisite
documents as per Candidates reporting without photograph pasted on the call letter and without
two additional photographs (same as pasted on call letter) for Preliminary will
NOT be allowed to appear in the Preliminary Examination.
(It is advisable that candidate retains 8 copies (approx.) of the same
photograph which is uploaded at the time of online registration of Application
as these would ne needed for further stages of this selection process)
Presently, the starting basic pay is 41,960/- (with 4 advance increments) in the scale of 36000-1490/7-46430-1740/2-49910-1990/7-63840 applicable to Junior Management Grade Scale-I. The official will also be eligible for D.A, H.R.A/ Lease rental, C.C.A, Medical and other allowances & perquisites as per rules in force from time to time.
The selected candidates shall be provided basic banking knowledge through online course, which they shall complete before joining. The selected candidates, at the time of joining, will have to execute a Bond for a value of 2.00 lac ( Two lac only) to serve the Bank for a minimum period of three years. The Bond will be invoked by the Bank if the candidate resigns from the service of the Bank before expiry of three years from the date of joining. On joining, the selected candidates will be designated as “Probationary Officers” and may be on probation for two years. They will be subjected to continuous assessment, as per Bank’s extant policy, during the probation period. Those candidates who qualify in the assessment as per standards determined by the Bank from time to time, will be confirmed in the Service of the Bank in Junior Management Grade Scale-I (JMGS-I). If any candidate fails to achieve minimum standards stipulated, his/ her services may be terminated as per policy of the Bank in force at the material time. Bank provides immense opportunities for growth in career, including opportunities for posting abroad. The attractive promotion policy of the Bank provides an opportunity to the meritorious and exceptionally brilliant officers to reach the Top Management Grade in a reasonably quick time.
Application Fee will be 750/- for General/ EWS/ OBC candidates and ‘Nil’ for SC/ ST/ PWD candidates. Application Fee once paid will NOT be refunded on any account nor can it be held in reserve for any other examination or selection.
Bank may arrange pre-examination training (PET) at certain centres for SC/ ST/ Religious Minority Community candidates in consonance with the guidelines issued by Government of India. Candidates belonging to the above categories who desire to avail themselves of such training at their own cost may indicate to that effect against relevant column while applying on-line. An indicative list of training centres is given as Annexure-I. Bank may add additional centers or may delete some of the centers indicated for training. Candidates opting for pre-examination training should download their call letter for training from Bank’s website by entering their registration number and password/ date of birth. No hard copy of the call letter will be sent. In view of the situation arising out of COVID-19 pandemic, Bank may, depending on feasibility, hold the PET through physical classes OR by way of Online tools.
|Category Max||Permissible Number of Chances|
|General / EWS||4|
|General (PWD) / EWS (PWD)||7|
|SC/ SC (PWD)/ ST/ ST (PWD)||No Restriction|
Candidates who have already appeared for the maximum number of permissible
chances are not eligible to apply. The number of chances will be counted from the
examination held on 18.04.2010. Appearing in Preliminary Examination will not be
counted as a chance. Appearing in Main Examination will be counted as a chance. In the years in which only one written examination has been held (i.e. no Preliminary Examination has been held), appearing in this examination will be counted as a